Erin is basically royalty of the client onboarding and communication world. If you’ve heard people talking about an “intro packet”, I’m pretty sure she coined that term…
These are some of the most neglected parts of the agency process for anything – websites, design, marketing, whatever
I heard a quote that if a client ever has to email you to ask for an update, you’ve failed at communication. Many of us have been there.
Then there’s onboarding. I think this is so critical for so many reasons:
- Helps them understand the process
- What’s needed from them
- Sets expectations- talk about this alot with content snare
- Much more which we discuss in the episode
To shortcut the process of creating your onboarding docs, get Erin’s Client onboarding bundle where most of the work is done for you
Resources mentioned in the episode
- Erin’s epic post about intro packets
- Again but for goodbye packets
- Client onboarding bundle
- Adam Hempy on writing epic proposals
- client onboarding questionnaire
- Guide to planning websites
- Finding the right client intake form template
- How to create a social media questionnaire
- Hot to create an interior design questionnaire
- Expedite your onboarding process using client onboarding software
Erin Flynn teaches freelance web designers how to make more money while working less. After starting her own freelance web design business in 2012, Erin realized that most web designers were disorganized and struggling to make their businesses more profitable without adding to their workload. Hitting that “next level” just wasn’t happening.
After getting her own systems in order and creating raving fans out of her clients, Erin knew she had to help other designers do the same. Today, she’s helped over 10,000 students do everything from plan and build a basic website, to organize their processes, to raise their rates so that they can FINALLY take a weekend off without guilt and create more stable and consistent income.
When Erin’s not glued to her computer screen, she loves binge-watching Netflix with her husband and cat (who has his own Instagram–yes, the cat), and exploring the mountains around her home in Aspen, Colorado.