Robby McCullough has been travelling and managing his business at the same time. This of course comes with challenges.
James and Robby chat about the things they wished they knew before working remotely, managing a team while on the road and the gear they travel with. The end of the interview dives into building your network to make things like hiring much easier on yourself.
Topics discussed include:
- The challenges of remote work
- Instagram vs reality
- Getting set up in a new location
- Gear and tech for remote work
- Team meetings and IRL catch ups
- Building culture remotely
- Hiring through your network
- Building your network at conferences
Resources mentioned in the episode
Connect with Robby
Robby McCullough is a Bay Area native and a co-founder of Beaver Builder, a drag-and-drop design framework for WordPress. Robby enjoys travel, photography, hiking, and a good cup of coffee.